A Good Song

It is 6:10am. The loud alarm clock disrupts the peace of the room. I roll over to look with the thought of hitting the snooze and skipping the early morning planned work out. I decide to stick with the original plan and get up. The cold water from the sink splashes across my forehead. I stare into the mirror for a slight second. I take a sip of orange juice. I'm beginning to wake up. I walk outside in my track suit. I hop in my black car and drop the roof down. The perfect jolt to wake up comes through the stereo as a perfect song comes on. I hop on the highway and turn up the volume of the stereo as the car rolls down the road and the wind rushes. That was the great start to my day. Sometimes all you need is a good song to kick things off on the right track.

Comments

Popular Posts