A New Year, A New Beginning

As the clock strikes twelve midnight, 2011 will come to a close and the doors to 2012 will spring open. Many would say that this year has flown by. I would agree. It was an interesting year to say the least.

For myself, a lot has happened in 2011. Around this time last year, I posted a question asking what does 2011 mean for everyone. I began the year finishing up my senior year in college with big dreams of building the platform of my adult life. As I worked hard to accomplish my goal of obtaining my Bachelors degree, I traveled to new places and experienced new things in which I had never experienced before. I made the most of every opportunity.

In 2011, I had a lot of fun traveling to Florida and spending a relaxing week at an ocean front condo during spring break, sitting courtside at an NBA game, and seeing one of my favorite rock bands perform live. I traveled to New York City, Atlantic City, and Philadelphia on a number of occasions experiencing some of the finest hotels and fine dining establishments on the east coast. I attended a Championship boxing event and lived it up in the nightlife at some of Atlantic City's hottest clubs and spent some time in North Carolina's Outer Banks while battling the hurricane. These times were spent with some amazing people.

This past year was the most rewarding year of my life. In May, I graduated with honors obtaining my Bachelors degree followed by earning full time employment. While the year may be over, I am certainly not finished growing. I will ask the same question in which I asked last year. For myself, I am fully focused on building on the success of last year and propelling to new heights and getting better and stronger with hard work, dedication, and an open mind.

What does 2012 mean for you?

Comments

Popular Posts