A New Day for Trucks

I always think back to the days when I was a young kid sitting in my Dad's old truck, towering over the highway as we drove to our destination. Ever since I can remember, I have always been a fan of trucks and all of the different styles and models throughout the years. As I have grown, I've always had a truck in the family or have known friends with one. I recall great memories of the late 80s Ford F-150 and Bronco models that my Dad would use to tow our camper with while traveling to different places as well as our E-Series and Dodge Ram conversion vans that we would haul our boats with to the Jersey Shores. I remember one of the first times I went skiing in Vermont and traveling there in a Chevy Suburban through the snowy mountains. Over the past few years, I recall driving over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge while heading to the Outer Banks in a Ram 1500 as well as driving home in a long journey through a tropical storm. To me, trucks have always been a symbol of toughness and strength. Over the past decade, we've seen a lot of new and exciting things come to the truck market including sleek new trims loaded with the latest technologies and engines producing more power with better fuel efficiency. This upcoming fall marks the beginning of a new era for the some of the biggest American truck brands today. We have already seen the unveiling of the all new twin titans from General Motors, the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado and its sister model the GMC Sierra pickup truck, in addition to Ford pulling the cover off of an all new concept pickup truck which could be the next F-150 replacement. Over the next few months, the trend continues as General Motors will be debuting the all-new Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban models for the first time. Following that will be the uncovering of the redesigned luxurious Cadillac Escalade. I remember seeing some of the first advertisements for the Escalade back in the late 90s and thinking how cool it was to see a Cadillac branded truck. When thinking about how far the truck market has come over the past 20 years, it will sure be interesting to see what is in store as we enter the next era for trucks.

Comments

Popular Posts