Enjoying the ride

Every now and again I seem to get stuck in a whirlwind of nostalgia and a roadblock in the present day with the mindset that everything was great "back in the day". Another roadblock that tends to coincide with this nostalgic wave is the concept placing all of my hope into gaining personal milestones in the future without stopping to enjoy every last minute of the present day. Its a constant struggle that I need to constantly remind myself over and over again. I started this blog in 2009 when I was 20 years old. Eight years later at age 28, I am a completely different person from when I first began this. Since then I have graduated college, started a career, got married, purchased a home and in a few short months I will be completing my Master degree program. It took a lot of drive, focus and dedication to accomplish all that I have in an eight year window. While I am pleased with where I am at, I am excited for what the future holds. A few pieces of advice that I learned when looking back on the past eight years is that I need to stress less about the future, stop looking back so much, enjoy every last second of life, work hard but also have fun and do what you can to help others with the gifts that you have. This is what I am going to work on personally. I encourage everyone to do so as well. Enjoy the ride.


Cheers!
-C

Comments

Popular Posts