Cutting the cord

I finally did something that I would never do. I cut the cord and cancelled cable. Honestly after a week of no longer having cable television in my house, I thought I would notice it more and I haven't. For those who haven't ventured this route before, it takes a little bit of prep work, a modern digital television and a media stick of some sort (i.e. Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Google Chromecast, etc.) to get started. If you watch Netflix or another "over-the-top" service like Hulu 95 percent of the time like I do, this is a great way to save a few bucks every month. I am normally on my phone or laptop most of the time, but when I am not consuming digital media, I am dabbling in a few reruns of The Office or Cheers. The only new show that I am watching at the moment (which is awesome by the way) is Billions on Showtime. I signed up for the Showtime streaming app for around eleven bucks on my Apple TV a few months back to watch the Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko fight (which was worth every penny) and ended up getting into Billions afterwards. I use this to watch Billions and some boxing cards and Netflix for the rest. For sports, there is always the option of getting an inexpensive digital antenna which will get you most of the traditional major broadcast networks from the area. It still amazes me how much content consumption has changed over the past ten years. I am intrigued to see what comes next.

Cheers!

- C

Comments

Popular Posts