A clean slate

In what felt like a blink of an eye, 2017 is gone and 2018 is here. I am still in shock at how fast the past ten years have come and gone. A decade ago, I was in my second semester of college, essentially trying to figure who I wanted to be in regards to a career choice and what the right path for me was.

One of the courses I was taking during this time was called “Writing for Radio and Television”. Ten years later, I am excited to be returning to campus to teach a similar course called “Writing for Media” as an Adjunct Professor. I have always admired my college professors as they have helped make my decision to pursue a career in the multimedia and creative industries. I feel as if I have always been a natural storyteller from a young age. The media industry was an outlet where I could express myself while also building a career. I love the constant change and development of media technologies and platforms. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to navigate the media landscape with today’s students.

Aside from my career, I’ve graduated from college, gotten married, purchased and sold my first home over the course of the past decade. Along the way, I have certainly had a series of valuable learning experiences that I attribute to my personal growth. While there have been ups and downs, I have certainly learned a lot and I look forward to continuing to grow as a person as I approach my thirtieth birthday. Before jumping ahead to my thirties, I really want to make age 29 count.

If there was one resolution that I want to keep in tact this year, it would be to step out of my comfort zone and become a mentor and a good example for others. I encourage anyone who reads this to do the same and step out of your comfort zone, take chances and embrace change as it may lead to amazing new things. Embrace who you are and get excited about the future.

Cheers to 2018!

Enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts