Spread the love



I usually get the bug to blog around the end of the year as a way to reflect and look back on all of the
year’s accomplishments and challenges and get motivated to start fresh with a clean slate for the new
year. This year is a little different for me. As I look forward to the new year and the new decade, I look
forward to fatherhood and the birth of my daughter. While I am nervous and a bit scared, I am already
overwhelmed with love and joy for her without even meeting her yet. I already know without a shadow
of a doubt that she is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I don’t know exactly how to prepare,
although, I’ve heard that you can’t really prepare for being a parent. The only thing that I can do is give
her all the love I’ve got, be patient, be open, learn from her and others and do the absolute best that I
can. I am ecstatic to meet her and see what the next chapter of life brings for our little family.

I started this blog in college ten years ago, and as I look back and compare life vs. today, it is astonishing
at how different it is at every angle. From the growth of social media to the usage of mobile technologies
and the evolution of business, life has certainly changed quite a bit since the beginning of the decade in
some positive and not so positive ways. I am not one for making colossal resolutions because like many
others, they become forgotten about after a few weeks into the year. This year my only goal is to spread
as much love as possible as I truly find joy in seeing others smile. If there is one thing I've learned over the
past ten years is that being yourself and embracing all your best qualities rather than trying to be something
that you are not is a new level of happiness and freedom that I feel is unattainable otherwise.


I for one am nowhere near perfect and i’ve certainly made some mistakes over the past decade, and while
I can’t go back in time, I can certainly learn and grow from them moving forward. I’ve realized that by living
in the past will overshadow the good things going on in the present. As a soon-to-be Dad and husband, I am
excited for all the things that life has in store in the new year and I want to experience all of them with an open
heart, a clear mind and a peaceful soul. We all have different strengths and weaknesses, but one universal
trait that we are all capable of doing is being kind and uplifting one another. I am a firm believer that if we can
all spread love, the world will be a much better place.


Cheers to 2020!


Much love,

Carl

Comments

Popular Posts